This is a plugin I wrote for my own use, it allows to interact with stata directly from eclipse – my favorite IDE/editor. If you don’t know stata or eclipse, stop reading, this will not be useful for you. Also this is alpha software: expect many bugs, failures and complete loss of your data.
1. Put the mas.stataplugin.jar file into your eclipse dropin/ folder (no update site available yet).
2. Start eclipse and add the StataView and StataVarView. (Window -> Show View -> Other -> Stata)
3. Start stata and run interact.ado (you can also put it into your ado folder).
4. Start the interactive mode by typing “interact” in stata.
5. Open or create a .do file in eclipse and type in a command and use the run button to run it in stata.